Ever wondered what this extra hole is for?
It is used for a clever lacing technique called lock lacing or heel lock. It helps stop your heel from moving around at the back of your shoe for a better fit.
It helps prevent blisters and uncomfortable rubbing on your heel.
Follow these 5 simple steps:
1. Create a loop using the extra holes on each side
2. Make sure the loops are a few cm's long
3. Cross you laces to the opposite side and insert through the loop
4. Pull down to tighten (not upwards) to create a firm lock.
5. Finish lacing your shoes as you normally would.
If you suffer any problems while walking or running or even need help finding the right running shoe, we welcome you to seek podiatric advice from Ed and our team at Highett Podiatry.
Call 9555 3044 or make an online appointment.
- B.Pod (Health Sciences) M.A (Pod)
- Member of Australian Podiatry Association (MAPodA)
- Member of Sports Medicine Australia (SMA)
Want to ask Ed a question? Fill out the form below and he'll get in touch with you.